Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dunka  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 9:28:51 PM(UTC)
Dunka

Well boys and girls, as you can see, with the approaching Mists of Pandaria expansion, it is time for the site to transition! And thus, Koalapocalypse.com v3 has arrived! If your screen looks completely screwed up, please refresh the page once to clear out the cache and all should look well. So, what is Koalapocalypse.com v3?

The first and most obvious change is the color scheme and overall theme. It's Koala with a lot less Deathwing and a lot more Pandaria! I have about 90% of the scheme in place, you may find a few places that are still looking a little strange.

The forum has been upgraded from YaF v1.9.4 to 1.9.6, bringing in a few new options and some new features. Most things are going to remain the same in regards to what we use it for, but you will see a few new bells and whistles, including a few that I haven't turned on(YET!).

The forum has a new Front Page News forum which now works in conjunction with the front page to the site. Any time we post something here, it'll show up there for the world to see. It should help in getting big news events out there.

The new live streaming section is also a big new addition! Right now, it is just myself and Kifimbo, but if anybody else out there wants to stream content, please give me a shout and I can add you to the page.

There are, however, several features that I have removed. The biggest is the removal of the Chatbox. I decided to remove the Chatbox because even though it was nice to toss out little things here and there, it really took away from the overall concept of using the forum. We want more people to use forum, not drop one liners and never use this.

The theater was also removed. I'm going to be moving archived videos off here and hosting them through YouTube. Why use my bandwidth when YouTube offers it for free? Especially since we can use YouTube here on the forum and their interface is "slightly" more advanced.

User Management is gone. Nobody used it anyway. I'll manage alts on the roster as best as I can. The Raids page is also gone as we'll have a new method of raid tracking when MoP goes live.

For admins, the admin page is currently in development. Don't try to look for it, you won't find it. I'll update admins when that comes available.

The most subtle of changes is the global drop of "Of Garona (US)" from the name. The biggest reason for this is that even though Koala is 99% World Of Warcraft, I've opened the door to adding more non-WoW games to the guild. We've kind of started a little bit with Diablo III and hopefully down the road, we'll be able to expand further.

It's a more streamlined and updated Koalapocalypse.com! As always, please direct any comments, suggestions, complaints, and most importantly bugs to me directly. Please use the forum PM system to drop me a message.

I hope everybody likes the new site! We'll see everybody back in a few months when Mists goes live!

Edited by user Wednesday, July 18, 2012 9:46:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"Dunka: I'm the Guild Nazi so you don't have to be!!"
Runawajim  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2012 4:56:11 PM(UTC)
Runawajim

we have a web site now?!?
UserPostedImage

Battle tag - Feda#1416
Kolcon  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2012 8:20:47 AM(UTC)
Kolcon

It looks nice.
Now just need to get people to use the forums. Lol
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage